Home Remedies for Scabies: Scabies are contagious skin rashes that are infectious, transferable and need medical attention as soon as possible. Tiny mites that burrow into our skin cause this infection. As they are parasites, they live under our skin and lay eggs there. The eggs get matured and hatch in time and find ways to our skin.
Further, they spread to other hosts or other parts of the body of the same skin for the continuation of the biological process. Here note that scabies spread through hosts so getting close to a patient or getting involved in a sexual activity or sharing personal items can affect it.
Though we recommend you visit a doctor if you’re infected with it, there are several Ayurvedic Home Remedies for scabies that can help speed the recovery or incomplete treatment. This article will discuss the same in detail. So if you’re looking for a home solution for Scabies, you are on the right webpage.
Symptoms of Scabies:
These look like simple rashes but in some cases, you may see sores from scratching, tiny bites, and trails where mites have burrowed into your skin. Other than it, you will commonly have a specific area full of redness, rashes, swelling, and blisters around. The infection spreads quickly on your skin. You will see them on your breast, penis, shoulder blades, buttocks, fingers, and around the genital area. You will feel pain, irritation, and extreme itchiness in the evening or while sleeping.
Home Remedies for scabies treatment:
Neem alone is useful for several treatment procedures in Ayurveda. This is due to its highly medicinal & antibacterial properties. It kills the bacteria present in the body and cleans our blood. People can eat it raw too. However, you can buy several Neem medicines or juices from the market.
Neem is high in anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal in nature that treats the fungal infection as well as stops them from reproducing.
How to Use:
- Buy Neem oil and mix it well with turmeric to create a thick cream. Use this paste on the affected area twice a day.
- Directly applying Neem Oil to the affected area will also help. Do this thrice a day for several to ensure the complete treatment of the infection.
- Make a Neem leaf paste and apply it gently on the affected area. Do this each day to get results quickly.
- Drink Neem tea each day to heal the body from the inside. Add 2-3 leaves of Neem in boiling water. You can add sugar for taste though. Drink it four times a day.
2. Aloe Vera:
Like Neem, Aloe Vera also has medicinal properties. Being antimicrobial, this is highly effective in killing bacteria and promoting good skin health. It nourishes your skin, and treats sunburn, and other skin ailments. It also helps to keep hair healthy. Although researchers want to study more, it surely is highly effective on Scabies.
How to Use:
- Extract the fresh Aloe vera gel from the plant. Apply the gel to the affected area for 20-30 minutes. Later rinse it with warm water. Apply this method twice or thrice every week to get fast results.
- Mix some calendula petals paste, aloe vera gel, and a pinch of turmeric powder and make a paste out of it. Apply this paste on the affected area twice a day for weeks. It will heal the area and also stop it from further spreading.
Very common in Indian households, Garlic also has antibacterial & antibiotic properties. It is highly enriched with Vitamin B6, Manganese, Vitamin C, Selenium, and Fiber. Applying Garlic will greatly help you to recover from the mites causing Scabies.
How to use:
- Crush 3-4 cloves of Garlic and make a paste. Apply this paste to the affected area. Do this once a day for 4-5 days.
Talking about Ayurvedic remedies, how can we forget Turmeric? It is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic. We have been quite familiar with using turmeric for better skin glow and wound healing, and several other skin issues. Turmeric also improves our immune system to fight against foreign attacks.
Read More:14 Clinical Health Benefits Of Turmeric
How to Use:
- Mix Neem powder and turmeric powder in equal amounts. Make a paste and apply it to the affected area. Let it dry and then rinse it off with water. Repeat this process daily.
- Mix a few drops of lemon juice and water in one tablespoon of Turmeric powder. Apply it to the affected area. Let it dry and wash it off after 1 hour. Do it once each day.
Clove has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties in it. We come across a lot of natural remedies for relieving pain & itching using clove. It leaves a cooling effect and gives instant relief from pain & itching.
How to Use:
- You can make a paste with clove leaves, turmeric, and water. Apply it to the burning area.
- Apply clove oil directly on the affected area. If you feel a burning sensation, mild the solution before mixing water.
Onion is enriched in Quercetin and is an antibacterial agent. Being rich in Sulphur, onion kills any mites and other parasites. Also, onion stops the infection from spreading from one host to another.
How to Use:
- Cut onion into small pieces, grind them, and collect the juice. Apply this onion juice to the affected area directly.
7. Mustard Oil:
Mustard oil is another essential item in the Indian kitchen. Though very common, not many people know its medicinal properties. Mustard oil is highly beneficial for skin and hair. They kill the infection-causing parasites and nourish skin from within.
How to Use:
- Directly apply this oil to the affected area. Do this for a few days and you will see a significant result.
8. Tea Tree Oil:
Tea Tree Oil is effective in reducing irritation and itching caused by scabies. Although the studies don’t support its effectiveness in killing the eggs under the skin, it certainly gives you relief from scabies rashes. You can use it as a complimentary medication.
How to Use:
- Directly apply Tea Tree Essential Oil on the affected skin.
- You can spray it on your bedding for extra support.
If you’re affected by the infection, don’t go near anyone as it spreads from host to host. Also always wash your clothes with warm water to kill the parasites present in the clothes. This will stop the transfer of mites. Use home remedies for scabies alongside the medicines to heal faster.
Scabies is contagious and spreads very fast. This appears on your skin as red rashes, pimples, and sores. You feel pain, irritation, itching, and burning in this condition. Ayurveda Sahi Hai recommends you go for traditional medication in such cases. However, Ayurveda also mentioned some very effective cures for scabies. Above we have mentioned 8 such home remedies for scabies. Apply one of them that you’re comfortable with.
For more details, you can contact us. Subscribe to our blog and enjoy more insightful articles.