Everyone from all age groups faces hair loss in some amount. But how much hair loss is okay? And can we regrow the hairs that we have lost? Surprisingly after decades of using chemical-rich stylish hair care products, people are now returning to their roots. They want to use natural products as much as possible. Ayurvedic Treatments or products are in trend right now.
If you are most religious about Ayurveda, you can make some Ayurvedic Treatments and hair care regime in your home only. Ayurveda has several natural oils and hair packs that can help you to control hair fall and make your hair strong from the roots.
In this article, we will discuss a few of the Ayurvedic treatments that you can make in your home easily. You can adopt these in your daily lifestyle. They have no side effects and are very healthy for your hair & scalp.
Ayurvedic Treatments on Hair Fall:
Hair fall is a natural process. There is no need to be afraid of it. The hair falls and new hairs grow in the same place. We can say that hair fall is not the problem but not being able to regrow the fallen hair is. 70 hairs per day is a normal rate of hair fall.
Hair fall treatment includes two parts.
– Controlling Regular Hair Falls.
– Regrow the New Hair.
There are several reasons for having hair fall at an early age. Following are some of them.
– Stress and anxiety.
– Unhealthy lifestyle
– Unhealthy food habits
– Disturbed sleep cycle.
– Environmental factors like pollution.
– Lack of nutrition
All or any of these habits lead to an excess of toxins in the body. As a result, we become prey to several diseases like hair fall. Ayurveda tells us that our hairs are directly connected to our bone tissues. If you have weaker bone tissue, you will face hair fall at an early age.
Types of Hairs and Effect of Dosha:
According to Ayurveda Sahi Hai, your Prakriti decides your hair type. Every person on this earth takes birth with their natural Doshas. These Dosha decide the very nature of their body and mind. Your hair will have problems if there is an imbalance in your doshas. Therefore you need to know about your constitution. This will help you find out the best remedy for your hair.
- For people who have an imbalance in their Vata Dosha, hair becomes dry, frizzy, and brittle.
- People having an imbalance in Pitta Dosha suffer from receding hairlines and thinning texture of hairs. Also, this imbalance leads to hairs changing colours from black to brownish. An extreme imbalance will result in baldness and grey hairs.
- If you have Kapha imbalance in your body, you will face extremely oily and sticky hairs. This dosha can lead your scalp to have blocks in the follicles.
|Types of Dosha||Hair Qualities||Hair Behaviours when Dosha gets imbalanced|
|Vata (Dominance of Air & Space elements)||Have a tendency to become dry & brittle||Get frizzy & brittle;Will have dandruff & split ends|
|Piita(Dominance of Fire elements)||Have a nature to become thin, oily, and silky||Premature greyingBalding|
|Kapha(Dominance of Earth & Water elements)||Have a natural tendency of becoming oily and thick||Clogged & oily scalp|
Ayurvedic Treatments for Hair Loss:
1. Head Massage with Medicated Oil:
Oiling is the most effective way to regain strength in your hair and scalp. It nourishes your scalp and improves the hair body. It also prevents your scalp from developing dandruff. Regular oiling fights against dryness and itching in your head, preventing several scalp skin diseases.
Medicated oiling is better because of its effectiveness. These oils have numerous ingredients that improve hair & scalp health.
Regular oiling with massage improves the blood flow in your head. As a result, your hair gains better health & more life.
You can use any of the following oils for oiling.
– Brahmi and extra.
You should oil your scalp once or twice a week only.
READ ALSO-15 Proven Health Benefits Of Tulsi
2. Shirodhara ayurvedic Treatments :
Shirodhara is made of two Sanskrit words- ‘Shiro’ & ‘Dhara’. ‘Shiro’ means head and ‘Dhara’ means flow. In the Shirodhara treatment, you apply warm oil on your head. You can do it with any type of massage oil. Generally, people use coconut oil or mustard oil. If you are facing extreme hair issues, you can go for medicated oils too.
Warm oils are more effective as they open up the hair pores on your head. It goes inside your head and nourishes your hair from the inside out. This leads to strong hair roots and hair bodies.
3. Shirolepa Hair Packs:
Hair Packs are not new to Ayurvedic Treatments. For centuries, we have been using natural hair packs. These packs help your head to reduce dandruff, and fizzes, and also treat the split ends. It cools down the head and reduces hair fall. These hair packs are also helpful for different ailments such as migraine, insomnia, and headaches. It also improves blood circulation in your body. The following are some of the best hair packs you can make at your home easily.
– Mix besan, lemon, and tender coconut water. Apply it as a paste on your scalp.
– Mix amla, reetha, and shikakai in a bowl and apply the paste to your hair.
– Mix walnut powder, amla powder, and curd as a paste. Apply it on your scalp.
– Use neem, shikakai, reetha, and methi for a mixture. Soak amla in curd and grind it. Mix both and make a paste. Apply on your head.
– Soak Methi in rice water. Later use it as a hair pack.
Our mom still suggests inhaling a little amount of oil while bathing. Inhaling mustard oil helps you to get relaxation from various common ailments such as colds & coughs. Nasya suggests you do something similar for your hair. Inhale little ‘Desi Ghee’ and ‘Anu Tailam’ for hair growth and to prevent hair loss.
5. Using Herbs:
There are countless herbs listed in the Indian ancient scriptures. These herbs help you to gain strength and freshness. Some of these are the best natural remedy for preventing hair loss. Following are some of them.
– Aloe Vera
– Curry Leaves
– Coconut Oil
– Sesame Oil
You can directly eat some of these herbs. Also, they are good for applying on your head.
6. Natural Hair Cleansers:
Hair Cleansers clean your scalp effectively. They remove dandruff and dirt from your hair and make your scalp healthy. Note that these hair cleansers can be harmful if taken in excess amounts. You should also be careful if your hair is dry.
1. Shikakai: Shikakai helps clean the excess oil & dirt from your scalp. If your hairs are frizzy then use reetha and amla with it. Make a mixture of these herbs and apply it to hairs.
2. Aloe Vera: Cut an Aloe Vera leaf and take the fresh gel from it. Apply it over your scalp. Leave it for a few minutes. 20-25 minutes would be enough. Now wash your hair with cool water. It will clean your scalp as well as cool down your head.
3. Gram flour: Make a paste of gram flour with water. Then apply it on your scalp. Wash it after having an oil massage.
4. Hibiscus Leaves: Grind Hibiscus leaves with some flowers. Make a slimy paste with them and apply it to your scalp. Use this paste regularly to get excellent effects.
Ayurveda- The Indian Ancient Medicines hold expertise over many segments. Hair Care is no exception. It has a fine grip on it and tells about the causes, prevention, and ways to regrow your hair. Above we have discussed some insights from Ayurveda. Use them on your hair to get shiny, strong hairs.
READ ALSO-Secrets Of Having A Good Tight Sleep