Vegetable Soups are a perfect light healthy food. It is rich in nutrients. Also keeps you warm in the winter season. A good vegetable soup also keeps cough & cold away from your body and gives necessary energy to fight against low temperatures. It is highly recommended for people with a fever. We consider it a must for children and old members of your home. In this blog, we will share two types of vegetable soup recipes.
1. Vegetable Clear Soup:
Vegetable Soup or Vegetable Clear Soup is very healthy, nutrition-rich, and very light. It is a fuss-free, gluten-free, and vegan soup. You may or may not have vegetables in stock. But my suggestion will always go for fresh vegetables only. This soup serves the taste of veggies. To make our soup like that, you need to use your spices in a minimal amount.
Ingredients You Need to Make Vegetable Clear Soup:
1. Vegetables: You can use any vegetable of your choice. You can choose vegetables from your fridge or can directly bring fresh from markets. Generally, people use cabbage, carrots, beans, bok choy, and sweet corn. Mushrooms have an additional yes if you want. Note- Use veggies first that take a long time and then use vegetables that can be cooked faster.
2. Proteins: If you want to make your soup protein rich then you can add some tofu cubes as plant-based protein.
3. Herbs: Herbs are always a good choice for soups. Use any dried herbs that you have. It can be celery, spinach, savory, or extra.
4. Seasonings: To make your soup a little spicy, you can go for seasonings. Also, take care to use it in minimal amounts. Vegetable Clear Soup needs to have the flavor of veggies.
Step-by-Step Recipe to Make Vegetable Clear Soup:
- Take 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil or olive oil or butter in a pan or pot. Let it warm for a minute or two.
- Now add 1/2 tablespoon of chopped garlic. Also, add 3/4 teaspoon of chopped ginger. Make sure to chop these two very finely.
- Saute both garlic & ginger till they lose their raw scent. This process is just for a few minutes. Don’t let them turn brown.
- Add 1/4 cup of chopped onions. Best if you shallot onions.
- You can also add 1/2 tablespoon of chopped herbs.
- Now saute the mixture until it gets translucent.
- Add the following to the mixture.
– 1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
-1/2 cup of finely chopped carrots
– 1/2 cup of chopped capsicum
– 1/2 cup of chopped beans.
- Now saute this whole mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water.
- Now it’s time to add seasoning to the soup. Add the following seasoning to the soup.
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
– Add salt as much as you like.
– You can also add crushed nutmeg to the soup.
- Mix all of them very well.
- Cover the whole mixture and leave it on low to medium heat. Wait until the veggies are almost completely done. Let them have a little crunch in them.
Note- if you have used Mushrooms or potatoes, you need to cook them fully. Hence you need to wait a little longer for them.
Read Also – Make A Tasty Winter Elixir Drink And Stay Warm
How to Serve:
You can serve it in a bowl to anyone. For a better combination, serve this soup with some toast or sandwiches. You can offer it to all of your family members as starters for lunch or dinner. A little crunch will add to the enjoyment.
2. Mixed Veggie Soup:
Mixed vegetable soup is great if you want something loaded & warm in winter. It is somewhere similar to Tibetan Soup but without noodles. Also, it is purely vegan. You can although add noodles if you want. It is a perfect combination of light, warm, nutrition-rich, and delicious soup.
You can use whatever veggies you have in your pantry. You can go for carrots, cabbage, French beans, mushrooms, broccoli, and onions. Depending on what veggies you choose, the taste will differ.
Step-by-Step Recipe to Make Mixed Veggie Soup:
- The first step is to chop all the veggies you want to use. You must add these veggies to your soup.
– French Beans
– Red Cabbages
– Button Mushrooms
– Red bell Pepper
Take approximately 2 cups of chopped mixed veggies.
- Take a pan and keep it on heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to it. Now put 1/4 cup of chopped onions and 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic. You can use sesame oil or neutral oil or sunflower oil.
- Now saute the onions till they turn soft.
- Add chopped mixed vegetables and herbs.
- Mix them well for 1 minute approx.
- Saute them for 4 to 5 minutes on medium heat.
- If you have Moong Beans, you can add them now. After adding, Saute them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water to the mixture.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce to the mixture.
- Add salt as much as you need.
- Use 1/2 tablespoon of ground black pepper.
- Now cover the pan. Leave the mixture to be cooked for 10 to 11 minutes. Keep the flames on medium.
- If you have tofu, you can add it once after the soup is cooked. Again put the soup on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the veggies are cooked properly, add seasoning if you want (to enhance the taste).
- Now the soup is all ready to serve.
How to Serve:
You can serve it as it is. However, to enhance the experience, you can add some noodles to it. It will also give a great taste if taken with rice. You can eat it in the hot or warm state as you like. However, in winter you should consume it hot for better health effects.
This blog shares two easy recipes for making healthy warm Vegetable soup at your home only. These two Vegetable soups do not take hours. You can make it at your home any time of the day. So what are you waiting for? Go, cook, and enjoy.